Tuesday, November 25, 2008

4 Months Old!!

Can you believe it?!!? I can't!! Madi turned 4 months old yesterday! How time flies. She's getting sooo big and expressive. It's soooooo cute to watch. She just laughs and coos and squeals and talks all the time now. She does it more in the mornings when she wakes up and it's just makes my day :) She had her 4 month check up on Monday and everything is great. Her doctor was very impressed with her talking, standing, and alertness. She watches everything everyone does these days. She's learning how to pick toys up and play with them now and, of course, pull everything to her mouth :) She loves to chew...not suck....on her hands and thumb :) It's like those are the best things EVER!! haha. Oh, at her doctor's visit, she weighed 12lb 13oz and was 25 1/4 inches long. The doctor says that from where she falls in her percentiles, she's gonna be taller and slim. Scott and I are still not so sure about the tall part. She's pretty petite, but we all know that can change with a growth spurt :) hee hee.

Madi is doing really well at night and has fallen into a routine really well. The routine happened by accident, but it works well for her and me :) She's going down for the night between 8 and 9 regularly and sleeps a good 8 hours before she wakes up. I feed her then and then she'll sleep another 4 hours ususally. So, I'm still waking up once in the middle of the night, but that's fine by me if it keeps this routine that she has for now. It gives me quiet time for myself, or if Scott's home, it gives us some time together. Every now and then she will go the whole night without waking up and ends up sleeping a good 10-11 hours! I'm not gonna compliain :) hee hee. Madi is not a big napper, so I think that is helping with the sleep at night. She basically cat naps through the day and then's is zonked at night.

Well, I could go on and on about my sweet baby girl, but I'll leave some for another day :) We are in Atlanta now staying with Madi's Grandma and Grumpa (Scott's parents). We are here through Thanksgiving, then we are gonna go visit some friends in Birmingham. Scott got the whole week of Thanksgiving off, so we figured we'd make good use of his time off and see family and friends. My parents came and spent the day in Atlanta today. We all had a good time together.

We hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are looking forward to our first Thanksgiving and holiday season with Madilyn. We wish everyone safe travels that will be out on the roads going to visit family!! We love all of you very much!!

No comments: