Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yummy Foods!

Madi has hit the big time now....she's eating solid foods now :) hee hee. It's so funny to watch her reaction to new things you put in her mouth :) We started her on rice cereal Christmas Day while all our family was here. She actually did pretty well with that.




Well, after the first day of rice cereal, she decided that it wasn't as good as she thought it was! haha. I kept her on it for about a week, but she really wanted nothing to do with it usually. She always crinkled up her forehead when she ate it. haha. So, after enough fighting with that I went on to the baby foods.
We started off with green beans. She LOVED them! It was so funny. I put just a dab on my finger for her to try and after that she reached and reached for my finger for more! haha. She grabs the spoon and "helps" feed herself cuz she's so excited about them. hee hee. She's also had carrots and peaches now too. Both of which she loves as well. She takes one bite of the new food, thinks about it, and then reaches for more! haha. So far she likes all her fruits and veggies, even the stage 2 foods that are mixed with different fruits and veggies. One thing she doesn't like though, chicken and chicken broth! How funny that she doesn't like the meat! I'm not gonna complain though. It's funny though cuz as much as I LOVE chicken, that's the one thing I never craved or really wanted to eat when I was pregnant with her!



It's been fun and ineresting feeding her foods. She loves to try and "help" all the time. She gets a tight, tight grip on the spoon, and it's hard to pry her tiny little hands off of it without making a huge mess! :) She's also sneezed and coughed a couple of times as I've brought the spoon to her mouth, which is very interesting as you can imagine! haha. Ok, so all of you mom's that have been through this can stop laughing now! hee hee. It's really been fun, even with all the messes and "fighting"! haha.
The sad part, though, is that her little tummy has not well adjusted to the food change just yet. She's been having a hard time pooping since starting foods. It's so sad to see her cry as she's trying to go. I do admit, though, it's a little funny when's she's trying cuz I stand her up and she sticks her little butt out and bends over to try and go. haha. We've been giving her a lil' bit of water and karo syrup to soften things up, and she's doing better now. It was tough for a few days cuz every time she would try and go she would just lean in to me and cry. Poor Madi!

She's on 3 meals a day now. It's been interesting trying to figure out a eating schedule for her. It seems that as soon as Madi and I get something figured out, it changes cuz she's moving on up in the food world :) I love trying all the new different things for her.

Hopefully Madi will keep enjoying her introduction to the food world. I know there will be exciting, fun, messy times to come. haha. I'll be sure to keep you informed of all the funny food stories Madi provides us with! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just likecum all over her face DAMN I wish it was mine, my 3 all sucked mine as babies and one was a boy he sucked it best, oldest girl still sucks me she is 26 and married but still likes daddiescock, lets me eat herpussy but won't let mef-ck her now she is married