Thursday, February 7, 2008

HERE WE GO!!!

Finally! What you have all been waiting for me to post...The Russell blog!! :) Sorry it has taken me FOREVER to get this started! So, here is a long post to get you updated to where we are now.


As many of you know, we are adding to our family soon!....No, not another dog :) I am pregnant!! :) We found out Nov. 29, 2007 when I took a home prenancy test that showed us a (+) sign and then it was confirmed with a doctor's appointment that next week. I was 5 weeks along when we found out. We are very, very excited! We were trying, so it wasn't an "accident" for us :)





Soon after we found out, the "morning sickness" hit with a vengance!!!! Why they give it the name "morning" sicknees, I have not a clue! Mine was ALL DAY LONG sickness!!!!! The nausea never eased up and the puking came about every 3 days or so! The doctor told us that "nausea equal healthy baby", so we were o.k. with that :) Scott would always remind me of it! Food was just yucky for a while too, but at the same time I still wanted to eat something. It was the wierdest feeling. So, needless to say, all I wanted to do was sleep and lay around the house when I wasn't trying to get through an 8 hour work day. That's why the blog got put off until now! :)

I have been feeling a little better each day now for the past 3 weeks, so now I'm getting to the blog that I've been telling everyone that I would do :) There is so much stuff to update on, so I'll do my best to hit the high points for everyone.


Well, along with expecting a baby...which is due July 31st....we will also be moving to Charleston, SC this summer! Yes, that's right, we will be moving and having a baby about the same time. After many interviews at different places by Scott, many discussions between Scott and I, and lots of prayer, Scott and I feel that Charleston is the place for us to be right now. Scott accepted a job as a faculty member in the Emergency Department and The Medical University of South Carolina. He will be done with his fellowship in June and then he starts his "real job" as he calls it :) We realize that there will be a lot going on at one time, but we are keepin' our heads held high and taking on the challenge, and we are excited about all the new and wonderful things that are happening in our lives. Yes, we will be further away from family which made the decision that much harder to make, but are very greatful for the support our family...and friends...have shown us through this process. I, as well as Scott, am very sad to have to say good-bye to our friends here in B'ham and close by! We are excited, though, to be able to have any of you come visit us and our precious little one in Charleston once we get settled in. So, I will also keep ya'll updated on how things are in B'ham and our moving process. We have been in contact with a realtor in Charleston and are keeping an eye out on houses, but it's still too soon for us to be picking out a house at this point. We are planning a trip to Charleston again in March to look again at houses and maybe narrow down what we are looking for. There are so many wonderful places in Charleston, it's hard to narrow it down. Scott and I both love the city, though, and look forward to showing the visitors we have around the town as we learn the town too!


So, back to pregnancy real quick. I'm 15 weeks along now. Baby Russell is growing and coming along just fine! I like to think I'm starting to show, but people keep telling me I'm not! So, when I do start to show, I'll post some pics of me and baby for those who are asking for them. I have done pics of my belly to watch it grow, so it's kinda exciting for me. I know it's crazy, but I'm enjoying the whole process :) The last ultrasound pics I had done were at 13 weeks, so that's what these are posted (sorry they are so small....I will have to work on that one). The doctor has said that the baby's heartbeat is strong, and everything seems to be coming along as planned. It's such a joy to hear the heartbeat and know things are still going well after I've been to the doctor. I think I get nervous with each doctor's appointment just cause I'm scared of something being wrong, even though there has been no reason to have such thoughts. I'm very blessed to have this miracle growing inside of me and I thank God each night for giving Scott and I the privilege to be parents to this innocent child!


Well, I think that's all I have for now. Scott and I are going to Atlanta for the weekend, so I will update again sometime next week. I will do my best to keep up with the posts and keep all of you informed. We love all of you and appreciate all the support and love we get from friends and family. Please keep us updated on how each of you are as well. We would love to hear from you all.



We love you!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

You know I just had to be the first to write you on your blog! :) haha. Mel and Scott...we are so thrilled for each of you, and look forward to sharing in this wonderful time. I will let Baby Russell know each day how lucky she/he is to have you two as parents. With your love, faith and friendship for one another, I am certain this little one will have the most perfect parents and loving family.
Give the little one a little rub for me...Aunt Jessi and Uncle Robert love the little one more than anything!! We love you too! Take care and may God continue to bless your beautiful family.

Kendra said...

Friend! I am so excited for you guys! Being a mommy is the most wonderful feeling in the entire world! Jonathan says the same of being a daddy! :o) You both are going to LOVE parenthood! It is such a miracle and gives you a glimpse of how our God must feel about us. :o)

I'm so excited to be able to share your journey through the blog. :o)

Pat your little tummy for me!

Oh, and you're going to love Charleston...it is absolutely one of my favorite cities!

Hugs hugs hugs!!

The Canada's said...

Yay the Russell's have a blog!!! Love all the ways we can keep up now! We are so excited for you guys! Can't wait to come see you in Charleston!

Baby Russell with have a baby Canada follow a month later! Yep, we are due Sept 3rd. Our babies will be so close in age!!!

Love ya!
Lindsey

*Staci* said...

Yay! I've been bothering Scott for the longest about when you guys were going to start a blog. I'm SO very excited for you two! You're going to love being parents and I know yall will be excellent at it! Lots of love!!,
Staci Cox

The Canada's said...

That is a boy! I am making the call based on photo evidence.

Congrats,
Jason

Missy said...

Im so excited about the new blog! Congrats again on the new babe!

*MIRANDA* said...

Yay! A Russell blog...this will be a good one! Congrats on the baby again...ya'll will make GREAT parents! Miss you!

Ginger Dyer said...

Hi Guys! I love the blog! What a great way to keep in touch, especially with the upcoming move! (Boy, it's a good thing Mere got cancer LAST summer or we would've missed out on the BEST ER doc & oncology nurse EVER!!) Ya'll really are incredible and you'll never know how much you mean to Tom & me, carrying us through the lowest point of our lives.

I keep checking the blog for the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! You know, the one that Tom doesn't think you should have because according to him, everyone should have to wait 40weeks to find out what they're having! :) I know it's a little early, but I'm very excited!! Meredith's PT told us today that she's having a boy, so that's one for the blue team. Maybe ya'll will balance it out! If you do have a girl, I know Scott will be just like Tom is with Mere...a big pushover! :) Its precious!

No matter what, boy or girl, you are right...being a parent is a privelege and a gift from the Lord. There are no tasks greater than that! It's wonderful!! Now that you are feeling better, Melanie, you can better cherish this time! Hearing that heartbeat is incredible, isn't it?!

I can't remember if you are working this week, Melanie. I am hoping to take some Valentine balloons to the 4tower kids tomorrow night. I hope you'll be there.

Night, night Baby Russell!
love,
Ginger (Tom & Meredith)

Nicole said...

Hey guys,

I just found out about your blog. Congrats on the baby. Keep us posted.

Vikki said...

I am so happy for you guys! The new baby and the job in Charleston. I am also sad that we are loosing such a wonderful MD and RN. The hospital there is very lucky to be getting Scott and you if you decide to work after baby Russell. I am glad you started a blog! It will make it so easy to catch up!

Mandy said...

CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OF YOU! I'm so happy and excited for ya'll! Hope you both are doing great. Miss ya'll.

Mandy Tate

susan35594 said...

CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!! I HONESTLY THOUGHT THAT YOU HAD FORGOT ABOUT US SCOTT!! I HAVE NEW PICS OF LESLEY FOR YOU!! WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU BOTH!! LETS GET TOGETHER!! CALL ME OR EMAIL ME. YOU WILL BE A GREAT DAD!!


LOVE
SUSAN & LESLEY HARRIS

PS... GOD BLESS ALL 3 OF YOU!!