Thursday, March 6, 2008

BOY OR GIRL??!!??!!

Hello everyone!! Well, today was an exciting day for Scott and me. We went to the doctor's office today and got to see Baby Russell moving all around and being active. The ultrasound tech says that it looked like baby was just waking up cuz he/she would stretch its feet and rub its eyes and have a good ol' time inside mommy :) Everything looks as if it's developing normally and coming along just fine according to the tech and Dr. Alten. I'm right on schedule for my due date! That's pretty neat. So, the burning question that you all want answered....Is it a boy or a girl???? Here is your answer:

The color of the day is: PINK!!! Yes, we are having a baby girl and we couldn't be happier :) Scott is just as excited as I am about having a little girl :) We were so excited we went after my appointment and started registering for stuff :) hee hee. It was fun even though we really didn't know what we were doing or what to put on there :) I can't wait to start buying some little girl clothes! Our parents are just as excited as we are. It's funny how everything changes to one color almost when you find out what you are having :) I'm not a huge, huge pink fan, but after finding out we were having a girl, everything I found was pink!! :) We are thinking we like brown and pink for the baby's room. It's very modern and won't be overwhelmingly pink that way :) Now we just have to find the stuff to go in the room. It's decorating time now! I'm pumped.

Now, we have a job for all you out there!! :) We have two names that we are thinking of. Yes, we have already picked out names :) We were ahead of the game on that part only :) We want to take a vote and see what name ya'll like best. We really like both, so who knows when the decision will be made, but we thought we'd put it out there to see what ya'll like too :) Here they are:

1. Bevin Ann Russell

2. Madilyn Ann Russell

Ok, that's all we have for now. We continue to thank God and be so blessed to have this wonderful miracle growing and developing as she should. Let us know what you think!! We love ya'll!!

13 comments:

The Canada's said...

Congratulations!!! You are going to love buying girl stuff! It is so much fun. I didn't care for pink too much until Lakyn was born. Now it is one of my favorites! Can't wait to see the nursery.

I love the names, but especially like the name Bevin! It is so beautiful and unique! Congrats again!!!

Vikki said...

Congrats! on the baby girl! You guys are going to be the best parents! I can already see her twisting Scott around her finger!!

I love both the names!

I am really going to miss you guys when you move...I hope you plan to come back and visit and bring your sweet baby girl!

Nicole said...

congratulations!! little girls are so much fun!(and alot of trouble at the same time!) I like both names, but I think Madalyne is my fav. (Maddie)

*Staci* said...

Hey Guys!!! Congrats on having a sweet baby girl!! She is gonna be so rotten....she'll have Scott wrapped around her little finger. So excited for you!!!

Staci :)

Oh yah...Bevin gets my vote! It's pretty and different!

Missy said...

Congrats on the girl! That will be so much fun. Im voting for Bevin too!

Kendra said...

Congratulations! I'm SO excited for ya'll! Lindsey said it--you are going to LOVE buying girlie stuff. :o) Little girls are the absolute best!

I love both names. I think Madilyn Ann is precious--I really like "Madi", too. But I think Bevin is adorable as well! Is there a history behind the names? I like names with history. :o)

Congrats again!! :o) Much love!

Brian said...

Congrats guys on the Girl news. Hope she is happy and healthy and I like Bevin so another vote for her. Gonna miss you guys a ton.

Brian

*MIRANDA* said...

AWww...congrats!!! I'm so excited for ya'll! Madilyn gets my vote for names I LOVE it!

Ginger Dyer said...

YES...A GIRL!!! Yay for the pink team!! Tom & I are SO excited for ya'll! She will light up your life, just as Meredith has ours! You'll be amazed, Melanie, at what pushovers these tough men can be for their baby girls! It's too cute!

Both names are beautiful! Do they have special meaning for you? I vote for Madilyn, if I have to choose one over the other. I may be partial to "M" names, though.

I can't wait for Meredith to meet her one day and tell her how incredible her Mommy & Daddy really are! :)

Have fun planning the nursery!! Shopping for girls is too much fun! After you move, you'll have to let me know of any great baby/girl stores in your new hometown that I should check out online!

Keep in touch!
love,
Ginger (Tom & Meredith)

Matthew Halligan Boehm said...

i like madilyn... how sweet. love your blog. i need to figure out how to add a friends list to ours!! we are so pumped about charleston!!
les and matt and JACK!!

Unknown said...

Hi Melanie and Scott, I like both names, just want to get her here and hold her!

Unknown said...

I like Madalyn.

Unknown said...

I like Madalyn.