Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Hey everyone. How exciting it didn't take me another month to make an update :) hee hee. Well, it has been busy these past 3 weeks around the Russell household. We have been in our houe for 2 1/2 weeks now and we have been busy unpacking and decorating. It's coming along slowly, but surely. It's a little more difficult to get things done when there's a baby in the picture. She only allows you to do a little work at a time before she wants the attention :) Madi really has done well with all the changes she has been through.

So, this past Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, my parents were in town. They came and brought stuff we had packed and stored at their house and they brought Madilyn's furniture. My parents gift to us was her furniture, so they had the chance to bring it to us this week. What a gracious and wonderful present. Madi now has her own bed for the very first time!! She doesn't have to sleep in the Pack-n-Play or on a palate on the floor any more! :) My dad put Madi's furniture together while he was here and he helped me and Scott hang a few things around the house. My mom babysat which was a BIG help! I got to do more cuz I knew Madi was being watched after. My mom also organized Madi's room and got her bedding on her crib while Scott and I were out running an errand one day. What a blessing and big help they have been to us! It was great to have them here for a few days.

I'm still adjusting to not being close to them, but it has been ok cuz we see them and Scott's parents once a month when we go to the Auburn game. We make a stop in Atlanta and spend the night to break up the trip for Madi. Madilyn is a GREAT little traveler!! She does so well in the car for so long. It has been nice for us to get to go to Auburn to a few games. I've even got to go into the games cuz my mom demands to babysit! :)

Well, why my parents were here, my mom and I took Madi over to the Pumpkin Patch to pick out a pumpkin for her first Halloween. She was a real trooper with all the picture taking and bright sun. We have her Halloween costume picked out. I'll keep that a secret until Halloween :)

Here are pics from the Pumpkin Patch. I'll put pictures up of Madi's room as soon as I get the last little bit organized.






2 comments:

Kristen said...

You look great Melanie! And such cute pictures of Madi. Aren't parents just wonderful! It's so hard to get things done with a baby around... but it is worth it to not have it all together anymore :o)

Kendra said...

Yay for pumpkin patches! :o) The new pictures are great! I'm so glad your parents got to come visit for a little while to help you guys out. What a blessing!

Madi is such a cutie! And I echo Kristen--you look great! :o)

Lots of love!