Monday, July 7, 2008

Finally an Update! :)

Hey everyone!! Wow!! I didn't realize it has been over a month since I last updated!! Sorry for the lack of updates! We have been doing a lot since I last updated. Lets see if I can fill you in quickly and briefly...

Well, for starters, keep praying for the sell of our house in B'ham! The inspection was done and negotiations made, but now we are in limbo waiting for this guy to get financial loan approval!! We seem to be in the same predicament we were in with my townhouse!! So, we are patiently waiting and seeing how things will turn out. I can't go into much more detail, but please keep us in your prayers as far as this sale goes. We don't want it to fall through and be back at square one!

I am now 37 weeks...well, I will be Thursday. I can't believe our little girl will be here in a matter of weeks!!! It definitely has flown by especially with how busy we've been with house stuff and packing. I go to the doctor every week now! Crazy! Madilyn is still doing good. I still measure "small", so we did another ultrasound last Monday at my doc visit. She's growing fine. She actually measured at 34 weeks 6 days, but she is doing good. She weighed 5lb 15oz :) She's a growing!! :) She moves around in me ALL the time. hee hee. It's such a neat feeling. This whole experience has been wonderful! Praise God for that!!

Scott is now in Charleston! It's very lonely here without him and I miss him BUNCHES!!! He's enjoying it there and has been out finding his way around and enjoying the city. He has been there a week now. He is staying with Kimberly and Mike. We are so thankful that they opened their house up to him and are allowing him to stay there for a few weeks! He misses all his friends here in B'ham and says "HELLO" to you all!! He will be back in town on the 20th of July, so he will be able to visit around some before we leave for good. We are hoping and praying that Madi doesn't decide to come before then! :) We plan on inducing by the 24th of July cuz of all the craziness that we have with moving and Scott's job. He has his first shifts at MUSC on the 11th, 12th, and 13th. Keep him in your thoughts!!

Lastly, I had a beautiful baby shower June 29th hosted by my Jessica (I consider her my "little sister"). She is so dear to me and the effort she put into this shower for me and Madilyn was amazing!!! She is so thoughtful, considerate, and just the best friend anyone could ask for!! I have watched her grow up to be an amazing woman!! I had many wonderful friends and family there to visit with and I'm so thankful they took time out of their day to come. There are pics below from the shower. Thanks to all of you for the wonderful gifts for Madilyn!!




























Me and my Jessica!














This quilt my Nana made for me and my unborn child before she passed away which was when I was still in college!! My family tells me she just must have known that I was to have a girl cuz she was set on making me a strawberry shortcake quilt and nothing neutral :) This is MOST precious to me!!!!!!














The portable Pack-n-Play will be Madilyn's "crib" for a month or so until we get moved into the house :) THANK YOU Aunt Bea, Uncle Bobby, Bethany, David, and Davis for this WONDERFUL gift!!!!


















My dear friends Amity and Sarah!!!!




4 comments:

Kendra said...

So glad to finally have an update! ;o) Glad you're doing great! You are still the cutest mommy-to-be I've ever seen!

Can't wait for Madi's arrival!!

susan35594 said...

hey i need your address.. scott was my doctor when we were at UAB 6 years ago and i have something for you and your new little one.. so i need to know where to send it.. thanks susan harris

ps congrats to you and Scott
Welcome Maddie!!

The Canada's said...

You look so amazing! Your shower looked like so much fun. I wish I lived down there! I love the quilt your Nana made, so beautiful!

Chris Jolliffe said...

I miss Scott so much and want him to come back to work!!! I hope all three of you are doing well and can't wait for Maddie to join us! Do you still want us to have a yard sale?